Ready for some jazz? The 2022 Main Street JazzFest is set for Friday, May 6 from 5:30 – 10:30 p.m. and Saturday, May 7 from 10 .m. – dusk on the historic Murfreesboro square.
Middle school and high school jazz bands liven up the beginning of Saturday’s festivities, leading into the line up of professional jazz bands ready to perform throughout the night. There is something for everyone to enjoy: music, games, an interactive kid’s alley and food trucks.
Free activities for families to participate in including:
- book walk (Read to Succeed)
- live animals (Wilderness Center)
- Crafts (Rutherford Arts Alliance, Bradley Academy)
- Karaoke (Music City Showcase)
- Live performances by local youth on smaller stage
- Mrs. America LaShawn Dixon
- STEAM activities (Discovery Center)
In addition, a free and interactive jazz workshop will be held for all music enthusiasts on Saturday afternoon 2 – 3 p.m. at The Center for the Arts hosted by Karl Wingruber. For information on volunteering, e-mail email@example.com.
For more details go to MainStreetMurfreesboro.org.
Main Street JazzFest Schedule
Friday 5:30 – 10:30 p.m.
- 5:30 – 9 p.m. High Schools Bands Performing: LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Rockvale, Blackman, Central Magnet, Siegel, Smyrna
- 9:30 – 10:30 p.m. Judson Jazz Orchestra
Saturday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Middle School Bands Performing: Blackman, Oakland, Rockvale, Rocky Fork, St. Rose
Professional Band line-up:
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. MTSU Jazz Ensemble 1
- 2 – 3 p.m. Jazz Clinic (open to the public for free @ The Center for the Arts, speaker Karl Wingruber)
- 3 – 4 p.m. Jake Leg Stompers
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Thane Shearon & Friends
- 6 – 7 p.m. Ben Tankard
- 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Establishment
- 9 – 10 p.m. Higher Ground