One of Nashville's biggest holiday celebrations returns, boasting a bunch of family fun with returning favorites and new attractions and resort packages to help your family get into the holiday spirit.
Gaylord Opryland Resort's "A Country Christmas" brings back favorites like outdoor snow tubing, indoor ice skating, the "Rockin' Christmas On Ice" show, photos with Santa, gingerbread decorating, Build-A-Bear Workshop festivities, a display of 3 million lights, the outdoor nativity, carriage rides, the Delta Riverboat Christmas Cruise, the Santa's Spinners ride for children, the Kids' Train ride and more.
NEW THIS YEAR AT "A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS"
There are several fun new components to this year's celebration:
• This year's ICE! exhibit features the beloved classic holiday movie, A Christmas Story. Experience little Ralphie Parker's quest for a Red Ryder B.B. Gun through 2 million pounds of carved ice. Kids love zipping down the frozen slides.
• The live show at the Grand Ole Opry House this season is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical. it runs Nov. 16 – Dec. 27. The musical literally lifts the beloved TV classic straight from the screen and puts it onstage. This show was at TPAC four years ago, and it was an incredibly magical experience. Kids will love watching Rudolph fly through the air, and wait until you get a load of the larger-than-life Abominable Show Monster!
In tandem with the show, the Rudolph brand and Pacer's National Bullying Prevention Center have teamed up to bring an anti-bullying message to classrooms by creating a digital teacher toolkit meant to encourage kids to celebrate acceptance and inclusion through teamwork. Learn more about it at https://www.pacer.org/bullying/classroom/elementary/team-rudolph.
• In conjunction with the Rudolph musical comes Rudolph's Holly Jolly Feast. Enjoy a dining experience at the resort with guest appearances by Rudolph and Herme. In addition, there's also the new Reindeer Games Scavenger Hunt.
• This year's Christmas Dinner Show is "The Gift of Christmas with Trace Adkins and Friends." It takes place at two locations. Nov. 16 – 18 and 20 – 24 you can catch it at The Wildhorse Saloon in Downtown Nashville. Then Nov. 27 – Dec. 25 it moves to the Tennessee Ballroom at Gaylord Opryland Resort. Enjoy family-style eats while Adkins and special guests entertain with Christmas standards, Celtic classics and more.
• Your family can enjoy a little staycation fun with the new "Chill & Thrill" holiday package that includes tickets to ICE! and the SoundWaves indoor water experience. Rates start at $289/night for a two-night stay.
Ticket prices and hours vary per attraction, and there are a variety of mix-and-match packages from which to choose. For more info, or to get tickets, call 615-889-1000 or visit christmasatgaylordopryland.com.