YOUR BABY SHOWER CHECK LIST
Are you planning on throwing your BFF's baby shower? You've come to the right place. We've put together a Baby Shower Checklist so you can stay on top of creating the baby shower your friend dreams of. Are you ready? Let's go:
SIX WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME
INTERVIEW THE GUEST OF HONOR
This will be HER day, so make it as close to what she hopes for as possible. That means asking her questions as you prepare to plan.
Interview questions can include:
• When and where would you like the shower to be? A home? A restaurant? Outside or in? Catered or?
• Do you want to honor both you and your partner? Should it be a co-ed shower?
• Who do you want to invite (get full names and email addresses)? How large of a shower?
• What kind of food would you like to have? What kind of beverages?
• Does the mama-to-be have a theme in mind? If so, the theme helps with choices for invitations, favors, games, decorations and even gifts.
• MAIL THE INVITES! Include a note asking about any food restrictions and include links for the guest of honor's baby gift registrations.
THREE WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME
• Prepare your shopping list for food, goodies, favors and prizes
• Decide about your decorations
• Start prepping favors, etc.
• Plan games. See our list of games here.
TWO WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME
• Order specialty cake
• Reserve rental tables and chairs if needed
• Order flower centerpiece
• Confirm caterer if using
ONE WEEK AHEAD OF TIME
• Phone friends who haven't RSVPd
• Plan on who will drive guest of honor to shower
ONE DAY AHEAD OF TIME
• Prep food
• Double check decorations in place
• Write out order of events for the shower: 11 a.m.: Welcome guests / 11:30 a.m.: Play shower games / 12 p.m. eat lunch / 1 p.m.: Open gifts
• Sit with a cup of coffee and go over everything. Decorations in place? Table(s) set? Comfy seat for the guest of honor? Refreshments ready? Caterer arrived? Have everything for your games? Music?
• Now lighten up and become the hostess with the mostest! ENJOY.