How long does a firefly's light stay on?
How do you make a square knot when you need one in a pinch outside?
What species are found in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee?
This and so much more are at kids' fingertips in "The Great Outdoors" exhibit now permanently housed at The Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. The exhibit mirrors Tennessee's state parks that teem with wildlife, trees, plant, lakes, wetlands and waterfalls. A firefly wall showcases a number of species found in the Smokies and kids can sit in a jon boat and learn bout boating on Tennessee's lakes and rivers and more.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
• No advance ticket purchases are required, but admission is walk-in only, up to 75 visitors at a time on a first-come, first serve basis.
• All visitors will have their temperatures taken and have to sign a waiver
• Open Tue - Sat; closed Sun and Mon
• Masks are required for everyone 4 and older.
• Everyone must stay 6 feet apart from anyone not in your group
• FIND COMPLETE COVID-19 INFO HERE.
The Discovery Center is located at 502 S.E. Broadstreet and opened Tue - Sat from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Double check the center's calendar before heading out. The center is handicap-accesible. Admission: Adults and children $8, children 2 and under are free. Members receive free admission. Learn about becoming a member here.