From March through November (weather permitting), Music City BMX has practices every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 – 8 p.m. (with balance bike practice from 6 – 6:30 p.m. for younger riders). They also have races most Sundays and offer a Summer series called Friday Night Lights. The track is located at 2901 Bell Road in Nashville. For ages 2 and up, they offer free one time trials. Practices are $7, races are $14. Bike rentals are $10, balance bike rentals are $5 and helmet rentals are $5 (if you don’t bring your own).
*You must hold a valid USA BMX license to ride the track, which can be purchased at registration when the track is open.
Get Racing with Music City BMX
- Any BMX type and size will do, but we recommend that you start with one that has a 16″ to 20″ wheel diameter – as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. You may race any bike with larger wheels in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight – especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs.
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed for safety purposes.
- If your bike has a kickstand, it must be taken off.
- Long sleeved shirt
- Long pants or jeans
- Any enclosed shoe is sufficient; however, skateboard style shoes are suggested.
Music City BMX
2901 Bell Rd, Nashville, TN 37217, USA
Free one time trial. Practices are $7, races are $14. Bike rental $10, helmet rental $5.