Calling all junior anglers! Embrace the fun of fishing and win prizes in the annual Crappie USA Classic Kids’ Fishing Rodeo. It takes place Saturday, March 30 from 8 - 11 a.m. on Old Hickory Lake in Gallatin.
The free tournament is open to all children ages 12 and younger. Kids should bring their own poles. There will be prizes for all who enter. The top winners in each age division will go home with a rod-and-reel combo and certificate. All children who participate will be entered into a drawing for one of six $1,000 college scholarships — those will be given out in October during the 2019 Crappie USA Classic.
The weigh-in station for the Kids’ Fishing Rodeo is Flipper’s Bait & Tackle, 200 Odoms Bend Road, Gallatin.
For more info, call 615-452-7719 or visit crappieusa.com.
9 REASONS TO TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO FISH
1. Fishing Gets Kids Off Of Their Xboxes And Cell Phones
2. Fishing Teaches Kids Where Food Actually Comes From
3. Fishing Teaches Survival Skills
4. Fishing Teaches Kids About Conservation And A Love For Nature
5. Fishing Teaches Kids Patience
6. Fishing Teaches Kids About The Power Of Actual Conversations
7. Fishing Gets Your Kids And Your Entire Family Outside
8. Fishing Creates Memories That Matter
9. Fishing Keeps Your Kids Out Of Trouble