This Fourth of July, thousands of people will converge on Crockett Park for the City of Brentwood’s annual Red, White and Boom celebration. The free event, featuring live music and a professional fireworks show, was developed 34 years ago to provide Brentwood families with a fun, safe place to celebrate the Independence Day holiday.
With the crowds growing larger each year, here’s a short guide on how to get the most out of the Red, White, and Boom experience:
- Arrive Early – Live music from The Smoking Section, the event’s headlining act, will begin at 7 p.m., and the fireworks will go off at 9 p.m. The best spots in the Eddy Arnold Amphitheater go quickly, so arrive early.
- Get Good Seats with Zero Waste Challenge – The City’s Environmental Advisory Board is reserving the open-air theater’s prime seating area to anyone brave enough to accept its Zero Waste Challenge. If a family can enjoy the day without producing any trash – no plastic utensils, no snack bags, no paper napkins – they’ll be invited to sit front and center in the EAB’s exclusive Zero Waste Zone. To sign up, email email@example.com by June 30.
- Get Parking Updates Via Twitter – The parking lots will also fill up, so be sure to follow the City’s official Twitter account, @CityofBrentwood, for updates on which parking lots are closed.
- Bring Cash – The lines at the food trucks can get pretty long. To speed up your transactions, bring cash in small denominations. This will help keep the lines moving quickly.
- Use the Map – The map below will help you find food trucks, bathrooms, and other areas inside Crockett Park.
- Dance – The Smoking Section is known for putting on a great show – that’s why we invited them back. The band plays classic R&B funk hits of Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind & Fire, Chaka Khan, and others. Head toward the stage and enjoy the night with a little dancing.
- Food Truck Fun – The Food Truck Village will open at 5 p.m. that day, so make sure you enjoy something from one of these vendors:
- Bradley’s Creamery
- Blue Monkey Shaved Ice
- A Motts Food Truck
- Blowin Smoke BBQ
- Hoss’s Burgers
- Little Cancun on the Go
- The Love Bus
- Smokin Buttz
- The Snack Barr
- Tasty J’s and Sweet Treat Y’all
- Zanders Woodfired Pizza
- Music City Fish & Chicken
Red, White, and Boom will take place in Crockett Park’s Eddy Arnold Amphitheater, located at 1500 Volunteer Parkway. Be sure to follow Brentwood’s official social media accounts for updates on this event.
For more information, visit brentwoodtn.gov.