A week’s worth of fun awaits your family during the 12th Annual Williamson County Fair taking place Aug. 5 – 13 at the Williamson Ag Expo Park.
This year’s theme at the Williamson County Fair is “Barnyard Mardi Gras.” There are lots of fun things for your little ones to enjoy like kid-friendly rides on the Midway and the Children’s Barnyard where they can pet a cadre of critters from bunnies to goats.
The Little 1’s Farming interactive area is a big hit with young kids as they get to play farmer. It’s the fair’s signature attraction for kids. The fun, educational and entertaining area teaches kids about farming as they go through the actions of planting seeds to harvesting crops to selling their goods at the market. Then, they’ll have fun spending their “proceeds” on a frozen treat.
The fair also boasts a number of educational exhibits, pageants, agricultural competitions, live entertainment, games, food and more. There are 31 rides total with options for your wee ones to your oldest thrill seekers. Entertainment your family won’t want to miss includes the return of the Elvis Tribute Artists taking place Monday, Aug. 8 at 7:30 p.m. and the Hero Characters Show on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 10 a.m.
NEW THIS YEAR AT THE WILLIAMSON COUNTY FAIR
• Visa & MasterCard accepted at ticket booths.
• Buy tickets online this year! There are early bird specials thru Aug. 4, and your print-at-home tickets serve as a “Fast Pass” through the gates.
• Pelican 212, the kids’ horn band, performs opening night.
• The Kids Celebration family game show, running Aug. 5, 6, 7, 8 & 13.
• The “Building With LEGO Bricks Competition” in the 4-H & Youth Department
Williamson County Fair hours are Mon – Thu 6 – 11 p.m., Fri 6 p.m. – midnight, Sat 10 a.m. – midnight, Sun 12 – 11 p.m. Admission is $7 adults, $4 ages 6 – 12, free ages 5 and younger. The fair’s located at the Williamson Ag Expo Park, 4215 Long Lane, Franklin. Call 615-794-4386 or visit williamsoncountyfair.org.