Sister Act, the feel-good musical comedy smash based on the hit 1992 film, will hit the stage at Center for the Arts in Murfreesboro, beginning Friday, Nov. 4 through Sunday, Nov. 20.
When disco diva Deloris Van Cartier witnesses a murder, she is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won’t be found: a convent! Using her unique disco moves and singing talent to inspire the choir, Deloris breathes new life into the church and community.
“This show is very representative of what Community Theater is to me,” says the show’s director Mark David Williams. “Community Theater embraces and welcomes everyone and then we become family. It’s a safe place and a home for anyone who enters these doors.”
“As Deloris is thrown into a strange and new environment, we witness the acceptance and ultimate love that she shares with her new and unexpected friends.” Williamson continues, also serving as the Artistic Director at The Center.
Tickets for adults start at $16 and are currently on sale at boroarts.org, by calling 615-904-ARTS (2787), or at the Center for the Arts Box Office, 110 West College Street, in downtown Murfreesboro. Adult $18; Senior (60+)/Student/Military: $16; Child $14 Discount of $2/ticket for groups of 10 or more. Call 615-904-2787 for group reservations.
Sister Act PERFORMANCE DATES:
- Fri, November 4, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, November 5, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sun, November 6, 2022, at 2 p.m.
- Fri, November 11, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, November 12, 2022, at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
- Sun, November 13, 2022, at 2 p.m.
- Fri, November 18, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, November 19, 2022, at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
- Sun, November 20, 2022, at 2 p.m.