If your family has musical chops, put it to good use during all of this home time.
Studio Tenn, Franklin's regional theater company, is holding a Virtual Musical Theatre Performance Contest to help fill the gap of lost musical theater performances this spring. All entries will be critiqued with personalized feedback given by Artistic Director Patrick Cassidy; Associate Artistic Director Benji Kern and Education Coordinator Casey Hubel. In addition, orizes will be awarded to the top two entries in each category. The prizes are:
1st Place Prize:
Four season tickets to Studio Tenn's 20/21 season + two private coaching sessions with Patrick Cassidy.
2nd Place Prize:
Two tickets to a Studio Tenn 20/21 production + one private coaching session with Patrick Cassidy.
Here's how to create your video:
• Prepare a musical song of your choosing and include "a fully produced production number." Studio Tenn wants to see "the most elaborate and creative piece that you can create within the walls of your home."
• Before beginning your song, introduce your performance by slating your name, age(s), grade level and the school you attend (if applicable).
• Video tape yourself or your group singing any song of your choosing from a musical
• At the end of the video, explain why you entered the contest and why you chose the song that you (or the group) performed.
THREE ENTRY CATEGORIES*:
• Youth (under age 13)
• Teen (ages 13 - 18)
• Family (siblings, parents within your household)
*You may submit in multiple categories.
SUBMIT VIDEOS BY FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2020
To Studio Tenn's Education Coordinator, Casey Hebbel.