There's still fun to be had as the 2019 Williamson County Fair winds down during it's last two days. Here's what's happening Friday and Saturday, including admission deals, Midway specials and fireworks:
FRIDAY, AUG. 9
• Gates open at 6 p.m. with regular admission ($9 adults, $5 ages 6 - 12, free ages 5 & younger)
• Foxfire Newgrass Band plays the outdoor Nissan Stage until 7:30 p.m., followed by Jack Daniel and The Hard Lickers at 7:30 p.m. then Mike Oldham and The Tone Rangers at 9 p.m.
• Local youth show their market lambs at 7 p.m., followed by the Commercial Ewe Show in the Tractor Supply Company Livestock Village.
• Live milking demonstration in the Lee Company Livestock Event Barn. There's also a honey extraction demonstration on the arena's mezzanine level.
• Entertainment from BMX Trickstars, Chainsaw Artist Roark Phillips, Jurassic Kingdom, Lady Houdini, Piccolo Zoppe Circus, Robocars and the XPogo Stunt Team will continue with two shows each and three strolling performances by The Spoon Man. Check the event calendar online for times.
• Unlimited midway rides from 6 p.m. to midnight can be purchased for $25.
• Fireworks at 10 p.m.
SATURDAY, AUG. 10
• Gate open at 10 a.m.
• Saturday is "Patriot Day" — all active and retired military individuals who present their military ID get free entry to the fair.
• Purchase unlimited rides from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. for $25, or ride unlimited from 10 a.m. - midnight for $35. All ride specials must be purchased by 4 p.m.
• Live music starts on the Nissan Stage at 12 p.m. with Macy Tabor, ending with Larry Chunn and Step Ahead at 9 p.m.
• The Clover Collection & Fun with Fashion Show will be held at 4 p.m. at the Atmos Energy Picnic Pavilion Stage, where Williamson County 4-H members will show off clothes they made themselves. The Fun with Fashion Show includes clothing and accessories made by youth, with a certain scenario and budget in mind.
• The annual quilt raffle drawing is at 5:30 p.m. in the Atmos Energy Picnic Pavilion, where one lucky winner will win a quilt created from last year’s Quilt Block Challenge winners. Raffle tickets can be purchased for $1 in the Creative and Culinary Arts room until the raffle.
• Indoor attractions and shows end at 10 p.m. The Midway is open until midnight.
• Fireworks at 10 p.m.
For more info about the Williamson County Fair, include show schedules and tickets, visit williamsoncountyfair.org.