The Gallatin Beautiful committee is organizing clean-up efforts at 15 sites across Gallatin and encouraging civic groups to participate.
The Gallatin Public Works Department supplies all of the materials needed including trash bags, grabbers, gloves and pick-up service of the trash collected. Gallatin Beautiful is a partnership of City employees, private companies, educators and residents who coordinate and encourage keeping a clean city.
A few groups have already tossed their hat in to support the effort, including Gallatin First United Methodist Church and Girl Scout Troup 709. To register and reserve supplies, contact Dianna Johnson at 615-451-5909.
Here's how it works:
- Get your team, church, civic group, coworkers or even just your neighbors together and pick a date and park or public space.
- Enter your team, date and location on Gallatin Beautiful Facebook page and contact 615-451-5909 for materials.
- Clean, photograph and place trash in the arranged location for pickup and judging. Contact 615-451-5909 and report completion.
- Winners will be announced December 1 and you will have made Gallatin even more beautiful!
Here's the list of locations:
- Lockl 4 Park and Trails
- Rogers Field
- Station Camp Creek Greenway
- Town Creek Greenway
- Avondale Boat Access
- Gallatin Boat Ramp (1054 Lock 4 Rd)
- Steamplant Rd
- Clearview Park
- Hwy 109 citywide
- US 31E citewide
- Station Camp Creek Blvd
- Long Hollow Pike
- Airport Rd citywide
- South Water Avenue
- Thompson Park