The days of driving solo will soon be past. Why? Because one day soon your baby will be here and you won’t be able to make a move without having him with you or knowing exactly what he needs next! As a mom of four, I remember going from “I’m such a busy career girl” to “I’m the busiest person on the planet” once my first baby arrived. Forget what happens once #2 or #3 or more arrives. Once Baby arrives the days of solo-as-you-go are gonzo. While you can’t wait for your little bundle to get here, pretty darn soon after he’s here, you will find yourself wishing for a little solo R&R. So take it from me: Make the most of this small window of opportunity before your baby’s born. We’ve collected ideas … for you as a couple … to indulge in!
Bucket List Ideas
- Getaway. Every weekend. Just do it. Chattanooga. Atlanta. Memphis. Downtown Nashville. Get away together and enjoy sleeping in!
- Host a big dinner party for your friends — the ones you want to help out after Baby’s born!
- Recognize and enjoy your spontaneity. Get up and go anywhere, anytime.
- Take that honeymoon you skipped. It’s time.
- Cook together. Enjoy exotic recipes you won’t have time for soon enough.
- Do something whacky. Like go scuba diving. Or jump out of a plane. Or fly to Paris for dinner.
- Tackle that hike you’ve always wanted to do together.
- Talk about how you want to raise your child and come to terms you both agree on.
- Get a fun all-girls night in and an all-guys night in.
- Talk to your moms about raising kids.
- Soak in a bubbly tub for as long as you like.
- Go to an adult movie.
- Shop somewhere cool … One word … IKEA.
- Put a blanket down on the grass and stare at the beautiful blue sky and dream.
- Enjoy afternoon naps.
- Try a new hobby together.
- Work on your nest together.