If you have LEGO-loving kids (or adults) in your family, they can participate in the Nashville Public Library's 10th Annual LEGO Contest. Registration is underway — you have until Sunday, Feb. 9 to register.
Prizes will be awarded in six age categories: Preschool – k, Grades 1 – 2, Grades 3 – 4, Grades 5 – 7, Grades 8 – 12 and Adults. Within each category will be four winners: First Place, Runner-Up, Third Place and Crowd Favorite.
Each winner will receive a prize ribbon and a gift certificate to the LEGO Store. Entries are also eligible to win a Construction Superlative sponsored by Messer Construction Company. This award will be given to the best-constructed LEGO creation in each age category as determined by a team of judges. The award-winning builders in this category will receive a special prize from Messer during the awards ceremony on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 3 p.m.
- Use your own LEGO®, DUPLO®, Mega bloks® or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO® flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable) a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street on the date you registered to drop off.
- Completed entries MUST be retrieved by 4:30 PM after the awards ceremony on Saturday, February 15.
- Any entry not retrieved by 4:30 PM on Sunday, March 1 will be considered a donation to NPL's LEGO collection.
Judging takes place Friday, Feb. 14 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. by a team of LEGO enthusiasts. Crowd Favorite voting takes place Friday, Feb. 14 from 2 – 5 p.m. as well as Saturday, Feb. 15 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. The awards ceremony begins at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 15.
There is no fee to enter, but you must select an entry drop-off day and time: Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 12 – 5 p.m.; Thursday, Feb. 13 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; or Friday, Feb. 14 from 9 – 11 a.m.
For more info, click HERE.