The Nonprofit Friends of Green Hills Park invites the community to the 6th annual Green Hills Park Festival on Saturday, Sept. 10 at Green Hills Park in Nashville.
This year, the free festival intends to be even better than before and serve as “a celebration of the beauty of our nearby open green-space park where we walk, play, and connect as neighbors,” said Friends of Green Hills Park co-founder Lora Barkenbus Fox.
For adults, there will be mini guided meditations from Yoga Six, local artisan vendors and food trucks, as well as a bar area complete with a tailgate trailer showing college football games. Plus, come listen to live music by the rock band Incognito Cartel.
Activities for kids include:
- Free face painters and baby goats in the Gluck Orthodontics booth
- Soccer fun and pick-up games with N Zone Sports
- Running the obstacle course
- Meet and greet with T-Rac and the Tennessee Titans Cheerleaders
- Play in the J.T. Moore bounce house
- Learning bike skills and safety tips from Walk Bike Nashville
- Kidsville Children’s Activities
- Nashville Public Library Reading Corner
- Learn how to juggle
- Outdoor movie showing of Encanto
All proceeds from the festival benefit the Friends of Green Hills Park and its upcoming park projects, such as creating more shade throughout the park, putting in new exercise equipment and improving the tennis courts! For a full list of the nonprofit’s accomplishments to date, as well as the park’s detailed Master Plan, visit friendsofgreenhillspark.org.
The Green Hills Park Festival will take place this Saturday, Sept. 10, from 5-9 p.m. at Green Hills Park, located at 1200 Lone Oak Road. No tickets are required for the free event. For more information, visit greenhillsparkfest.com.