Nashville Children’s Theatre (NCT) is back with another play perfect for little theater-lovers. Llama Llama Red Pajama, based on the popular children’s book by Anna Dewdney, opens on January 19 and runs through March 10 at the Nashville Children’s Theatre. The opening performance starts at 6:30 p.m.
“It’s exciting to be kicking off the new year with something new for the theatre,” said NCT’s Executive Artistic Director Ernie Nolan. “We’ve never produced this story before, so to bring it to life for our audiences is an honor and a privilege.”
This production is directed and choreographed by Abe Reybold, director of Lipscomb University’s recent production of “Crazy For You,” and features NCT resident teaching artists James Rudolph II and Gerold Oliver. Music and lyrics are by Austin Zumbro.
Llama Llama Red Pajama summary
For Baby Llama, Mama Llama is never too far away. But one day, when he’s ready to hear his bedtime story in his favorite red pajamas, he can’t find Mama Llama. Where could she be?
In this play, follow Baby Llama as he frets over where Mama Llama could be. This story is said to warm every Llama and Mama Llama’s heart.
Llama Llama Red Pajama cast
- Gerold Oliver, Llama
- LaDarra Jackel, Mama Llama
- Curtis Reed, Fuzzy/Multiple Roles
- Mallory Mundy, Dinosaur/Multiple Roles
- James Rudolph II, Robot/Multiple Roles
- Hannah Boner, Stage Manager
- Abby L. Austin, Assistant Stage Manager
- Abe Reybold, Director
- Christopher Bailey, Music Director
- David Weinstein, Sound Designer
- Scott Leathers, Scenic Designer
- Billy Ditty, Costume Designer
Additional information about the show can be found here.