Helping the community is one of the Nashville Predators Foundation's favorite pasttimes. On June 1, they're teaming up with the American Red Cross to host blood drives in several Middle Tennessee cities as well as in Bowling Green, K. Presenting donars who pre-schedule an appointment will receive a free Predators T-shirt (size XL) while supplies last. All presenting donors will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a $100 Nashville Predators Locker Room Gift Card. One winner will be drawn from each blood drive location and receive the gift card via email within two weeks after their donation. Additionally, all presenting donors will receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card, via email 30 days
after their donation on behalf of Amazon*.
“The Red Cross is adapting to meet the extraordinary challenges of this coronavirus pandemic and fulfill our lifesaving mission to alleviate suffering as we confront an emergency unlike any we have faced in a century,” said Garry Allison, regional donor services executive, Red Cross
Tennessee Valley Blood Services Region. “The Preds are lifesaving heroes who are playing a critical role in our efforts to maintain a sufficient blood supply by providing multiple opportunities for people to give in their local community. We’re grateful for their partnership and support of area hospital patients.”
How to Donate Blood
Download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org, (sponsor code: PREDS19) or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). All blood types are needed. A blood donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood drives will be held from 12 noon to 7 p.m. in the following locations:
• Holiday Inn, Nashville Vanderbilt Hotel, 2613 West End Ave.
• Natchez Trace American Red Cross, 129 West Fowlkes St., Suite 100 Franklin, TN 37064
• North Rutherford YMCA, 2001 Motlow College Blvd. Smyrna, TN 37167
• Clarksville American Red Cross, 1760 Madison St. Clarksville, TN 37043
• Faith Lutheran Church, 1655 Main St. Lebanon, TN 37087
• Well House Church, 100 N. Main St. Goodlettsville, TN 37072
• YMCA Dickson, 301 Henslee Drive Dickson, TN 37055
• Holiday Inn University Plaza and Sloan Convention Center, 1021 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, KY 42103