GLOW, the bright new holiday experience boasting 4 millions lights and a lot more fun at First Tennessee Park Nov. 22 – Dec. 31), along with First Tennessee Bank (soon to be First Horizon Bank) present The GLOW Awards, and you can nominate anyone who makes Middle Tennessee brighter.
“The real reason Nashville glows is because of its people, and The GLOW Awards celebrates those who help make Middle Tennessee glow year-round through their dedication to selfless service and giving back,” says Chris Stacey, founder and CEO of GLOW. “We are delighted to partner with First Tennessee to recognize honorees at this inaugural holiday event,” he adds.
THE GLOW AWARDS CATEGORIES
You can nominate individuals in the following categories:
● Student – A K-12 or college student who is making a difference in his or her school or community.
● Educator – A teacher who goes above and beyond to build up future leaders.
● Non-profit volunteer – An all-star volunteer who’s helping a non-profit in Middle Tennessee advance its mission.
● First responder – A firefighter, police officer or EMT who goes out of their way in service.
● Hometown hero – An active or retired military service member who’s making an impact locally.
● Other – Anyone who holds a significant role in the community but doesn’t fit into the other categories.
Finalists will be selected by The GLOW Awards committee and notified by Sunday, Nov. 17. The general public will then help select the honorees in each category during the finalist voting period from Nov. 18 – 24, with the final honorees being announced by Nov. 29.
Each honoree will receive a private holiday party at GLOW for up to 20 people, plus the opportunity to act as the guest of honor for a ceremonial lighting of GLOW's 4 million lights.
“GLOW may be Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience, and we know Music City is already one of the brightest and best places in the country,” says Carol Yochem, president of First Tennessee Bank Middle Tennessee. “What better way to celebrate this season of giving than highlighting the people that give to our community most?” she adds.
To make your nominations, click HERE.